If you are googling for this error:
“Procedure or function (name) expects parameter (@parameter) which was not supplied.”
and you are SURE that you are providing the parameter to your stored procedure call, remember that for this to work properly with ADO.NET you need to set the IDdCommand or SqlCommand CommandType to be CommandType.StoredProcedure.
I’m not sure of the reason, but I couldn’t find anyone else posting about this so I figured I’d put it out there incase another puzzled developer goes looking. In an application I’m working on (that happens to use Telerik radAjaxManager for this postback) I would consistently get this error, which as many will know is something you can get if you start adding controls to the tree in a page event that happens after Init, but I wasn’t adding any controls. Turns out that this error completely goes away if I disable my break points. Even if I’m still debugging, but my break points are disabled, I never see this error.
I don’t know what’s going on but maybe someone else will see this same post and know that they are not alone.
So it looks like VS 2015 has changed (again) how they deal with Nuget management. Now they no longer create the .nuget folder and the nuget.config file.
We still want to make use of the respositoryPath so to do this for new solutions create in VS 2015 we need to:
- Create a .nuget folder in the root of the solution (on the file system)
- Inside that folder, create a file NuGet.config.
- In Visual Studio 2015, right click on the solution and add a new solution directory called “.nuget”
- Right click on that folder and select to add a new an existing file and select the NuGet.config file created in (2).
- Add content like this inside the NuGet.config file:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
<add key=”disableSourceControlIntegration” value=”true” />
<add key=”repositoryPath” value=”..\..\..\..\NugetPackages” />
Then reboot Visual Studio and it should work.
You can find this out by using the following code (1 line):
If you find yourself getting this error message:
The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of ‘VMName’. ‘VMName’ failed to change state. The operation failed with error code ‘32788.’
Go to the settings of your VM:
And look for something in an error state:
In this case I had changed Virtual Switch since using the VM so it’s no longer valid.
If you are trying to RDP into an Azure service and you get the message “This User Has Expired” that’s because when Cloud Services are deployed, the user is only enabled for a short period of time. If you don’t want to fully redeploy your application you can modify the expiration.
To do this, go to the service’s Configuration section and click the Download button to download the configuration file.
In that configuration file you’ll need to change the value for:
Go back to the configuration page and upload this file using the Upload button. Press Save and after a few moments it will change your user accounts expiration date.
Recently when trying to server up some images that were stored in an Azure storage container, we were noticing that the files presented this error message when using Chrome (but Fiddler traces showed success and it worked fine in other browsers).
It turns out this was not caused by duplicate header values being added to the response but instead it was because the image file name contained a comma that was not properly escaped by putting double quotes around the filename like this:
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=\"" + filename + "\"");