I never ever ever want to click on the “Help and Support” button in the WinXP start menu, but I frequently do when trying to click on something else (usually “Run…”).
I found this info on http://www.winxptutor.com/hidehlp.htm
To remove the Help and Support link from XP Start Menu, try this:
- Right-click Taskbar, choose Properties
- In the Start Menu tab, click Customize
- Select the Advanced tab
- Uncheck Help and Support option.
- Click OK, OK and close the dialog
For Windows Classic Start menu, you may need to modify the registry directly:
- Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
- Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced
- In the right-pane, create a new REG_DWORD value named NoStartMenuHelp
- Double-click NoStartMenuHelp and set it’s value to 1
- Close Regedit.