SQL Server Reporting Services Email Subscriptions Not Going Out

We recently ran into a problem with SSRS where our email subscriptions were processing, but no emails were going out.

SSRS doesn’t really give you any info in the web interface to give you any clue that something isn’t work right, let alone help you figure out what the problem is.

I was able to solve the problem by looking at the various log files that SSRS creates:  ReportServerWebApp__X, ReportServerService__X, and ReportServer__X.

In these config files I was able to find some errors coming back from our mail server. 

This lead me to discover that the problem was with how the email addresses were formatted. 

The issue was that we recently changed which mail server we used for sending out these emails, and we have moved from an Exchange 2003 server to an Exchange 2007 server.

Exchange 2003 would accept domain accounts as destinations for emails, so you could send an email to “cmay” and it would be delivered.  It seems that Exchange 2007 requires that you provide the full email address: cmay@company.com

After changing some of the SPs that served up the data, all worked once again.

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “SQL Server Reporting Services Email Subscriptions Not Going Out

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s