Today we started getting this error when trying to do full text search with SQL Server 2008.
Msg 30046, Level 16, State 1, Procedure CodeMaster_GetCostCodesByCriteria_FullText, Line 47
SQL Server encountered error 0x80070422 while communicating with full-text filter daemon host (FDHost) process. Make sure that the FDHost process is running. To re-start the FDHost process, run the sp_fulltext_service ‘restart_all_fdhosts’ command or restart the SQL Server instance.
Google has NOTHING on this problem, except 1 other guy reporting it to MS, who tells him to go to some other forum.
If I find anything I will post it.
Ok I figured this out.
The problem was that the actual FTS service was disabled (but not just that, so read on).
So go into your services and make sure that this one is running:
SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher (MSSQLSERVER)
But even after I set this up running things weren’t working. More research led me to find out that there was an issue with the fact that we run our SQL Server under a domain account and the full text search was not running as that same user.
So I configured this service to run as the same user and restarted the service.
Then in SQL Server I ran this:
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts'
to restart things.
I also right clicked on the FTS catalog (under databasename/Storage/Full Text Catalog), picked properties, and then selected the option to rebuild catalog.
Thanks – sorted me right out.
Nice one dude, I was going berserk trying to figure out why my local instance was working fine and the dev DB instance wasn’t!
Big high fives!
thanx a lot!
thanx a lot!
Very helpful for me too – thanks.
Worked great for me! Thanks