We all know ticketmaster is the leader in screwing people when it comes to buying tickets. You want 4 $28 tickets? Ok, that will be $165. What?
Well, I just got done booking a flight on ATA:
Base Fare Per Passenger: $238.00
Taxes and Fees Per Passenger: $102.50
Yes, the taxes and fees are over $100 per ticket!
Here are some other fees that some airlines apply AFTER you have finished comparing which airline to use (which tickets are cheapest):
• $2.50: U.S. security tax (“the Sept. 11 fee”);
• $4.50: U.S. passenger facility charge (Chicago O’Hare);
• $14.50: U.S. international departure tax;
• $24.23: U.K. passenger service charge;
• $37.27: U.K. air passenger duty;
• $14.50: U.S. international arrival tax;
• $5: U.S. customs fee;
• $7: U.S. immigration fee;
• $5: U.S. Department of Agriculture inspection fee;
• $130: United Airlines fuel surcharge.
$130 fuel surcharge??? Gimme a break.