Recently I’ve been working a bit with Log Parser Lizard and it’s been very helpful.
You can take log files, import them, pick the expected format, and then query them in a SQL style manner.
So for example, I took a bunch of IIS log files and was able to easily run this query against it:
where sc-status = 404 and cs-uri-stem <> '/AzureFileHandler.ashx'
and cs-uri-stem <> '/js/jquery.1.11.1.min.js'
I recently had some problems running telerik Sitefinity on my dev machine. When I clicked on the Pages menu, it would give me a popup telling me that IIS 8.0 returned a 404.
All the help online talked about reregistering the WCF stuff using Servicemodelreg.exe, but doing that seemed to screw stuff up even more. Others also talked about using aspnet_regiis, but that doesn’t work in Windows 8.
Finally, I found this post that dealt with the exact issue. Adding the WCF Services under Turn Windows features on or off worked perfectly.
Thanks to http://proq.blogspot.com/